Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Influence Map

Seems a lot of my artist friends are doing this. I found it really interesting to try to filter it down to those artists who really influence me (as opposed to ones I admire or like, but don't necessarily find to be an influence). Size to some extent in the image reflects degree of influence, but I only really have a limited scale here, so don't give it too much importance (Mignola should have a bigger square, so should Man Arenas, Miyazaki and and Moebius).



Clockwise  around the outside from the upper left: Alphonse Mucha, Winsor McCay, Man Arenas, Frank Frazetta, Moebius, Mary Blair, N.C. Wyeth, Roger Dean, Eyvinde Earl, Mike Mignola, Gustaf Tenggren, Kawase Hasui, Ivan Bilibin, Hayao Miyazaki; Center: John Bauer.

Get your own template here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marc, your inspirations are quite inspiring. As a fan of both Civ V and The Realm, I just noticed the connection, though the inspirations kinda bear it out too.

Here is a Google Square of the artists to give nonartists a better grasp of them.
http://www.google.com/squared/table/aglSr8rnmNQrczpzYYRgtCbA